Do I need a VPS or not?
We tried to collect the factors which may indicate you need a Virtual Private Server for your website(s).
- Your website is visited by many people daily (more than a thousand visits per day). You'd need a VPS for better responsiveness and speed from the server.
- You have multiple websites that together load the webserver / drive high traffic.
- You use scripts / "heavy" CMS that require more server resources (RAM, CPU).
- Your website's scripts require special server settings / configuration.
- You need to have your own name servers.
- You maintain / serve some websites of your clients and need to host them all together.
- You just want to control all server settings by yourself.
If something from above is applicable to your website, most probably should move to a VPS.